Hola, welcome back!
Somedays, you just feel like whipping up some quick soul food and this was one of those days. I immediately ran to my freezer because I knew this was a Butter Garlic Prawns kinda day. These are honestly one of the most non-fussy ways to make prawns, and yet is a dish so scrumptious it’ll leave you wanting so much more.
What you’ll need-
- Prawns (deveined, shelled and cleaned)
- 7-8 cloves of chopped garlic
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil
- Chilli flakes
- Salt, Pepper
- Optional- juice of half a lemon
What to do-
- In a flat bottomed pan, add about 3-4 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Melt the butter on medium-low heat and add the chopped garlic, and chilli flakes. Toss the garlic till fragrant and the flakes are slightly infused in the butter.
- Now quickly add the prawns and keep tossing them. Add salt, pepper, and chopped parsley. Optional, add juice from half a lemon.
- Remember to keep tossing the prawns, since they cook very quickly. This should ideally take some 5-6 mins, depending on flame and size of prawns, pls take a call.
- At this point, you can add a lil more butter if you want, but its optional.
And they’re ready. Serve with fresh parsley on top.
Do let me know if you guys get a chance to try this! I’d love to know about it.